For the chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 30g unsalted butter
For the sauce
- 2 eschalots peeled and cut
into 1cm squares
- 1 garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups sliced white
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 tsp cooking salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Parsley or other greens to
- Slice chicken breasts in half, cover with a freezer bag, and tenderise them with a meat mallet or rolling pin so they are flat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then lightly coat with flour.
- In a large pan over medium heat melt the butter and heat the oil.
- When the butter is foamy, cook the chicken for 4 minutes until golden and crispy. Turn the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken on a plate to cool down.
- Using the same pan, melt the remaining butter and oil. Sauté the eschalots and garlic for 1 minute. Cook the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes until they soften.
- Rapidly simmer the Marsala until it reduces by half then pour in the cream, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens to a cream consistency.
- Put the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and let it simmer for 1 minute to reheat.
- Serve on a plate and garnish.